Re: [MV] Fuel price web site from DOE - now a rant on high fuel prices

From: Doc Bryant (rbhonk1@cox.net)
Date: Fri May 14 2004 - 16:40:24 PDT

To suggest that President Bush is getting rich due to the current high cost
of petroleum as benchmarked by OPEC other producing entities is nonsense.

When GW was in the oil business out here in Midland, we used to laugh and
say "George could not hit oil if he crashed his Pontiac station wagon into a
Quick Lube." I recall stating that on more than one occasion to my late
father, who pissed a million dollars or so down the tubes in various failed
drilling ventures. More than one or two with George as the operator.

This group has been a great source of information for me as I source and
purchase parts for my 1953 M37. I am eternally grateful for the help I have
gotten here. If the group were as correct in the military vehicle help
areas as this current rant has been indicative of political truth, I think
my Dodge would have square wheels and be powered by a large mast and sail
contraption.

Rising fuel costs will do more to make George Bush and his father share
another thing in common besides family name. The fact that son might be
like father, a one term president. George may be a bit on the dim side, but
I doubt he is stupid enough to figure he can profit on current fuel prices
AND get re-elected.

Here in West Texas, there are damn sure some that are enjoying the bigger
royalty checks that come from 40 dollar a barrel crude prices and
corresponding natural gas prices per MCF. But to a man (or woman), thirty
dollars a barrel over the long haul is far better for their (and our)
personal economies than this spiky circus ride of price variations put in
motion by OPEC and folks speculating on the futures markets.

GW made far more in setting up, running and selling out of his Texas Ranger
baseball operation than he ever has in the Oil Patch. It would probably be
more fair and more correct, to have him be the blame for rising prices of
baseball tickets and ball park hotdogs than the fact that it costs more for
us to drive to the game this year than it did in the past.

Now lets get back to Military Vehicle stuff. I am off to shoot a fireworks
display. I expect you all to play nice while I am gone. Don't make a mess.

Doc Bryant