RE: [MV] Fuel price web site from DOE - now a rant on high fuel prices

From: mil-veh@ziptar.com
Date: Fri May 14 2004 - 18:14:34 PDT

-----Original Message-----
From: Ryan Gill [mailto:rmgill@mindspring.com]
Sent: Friday, May 14, 2004 5:58 PM
To: Military Vehicles Mailing List
Subject: Re: [MV] Fuel price web site from DOE - now a rant on high fuel
prices

At 4:38 PM -0500 5/14/04, David Cole wrote:
> If you really want to bitch, talk to OPEC. They're the ones that Price
Fix.

More than OPEC, I have heard that a shortage of Refineries in the U.S. and
that China is sucking up natural resources like a gigantic Hoover. China is
the reason why scrap steel prices are the highest they have been in 10
years. My wife is a realtor and a contractor she sells for tells her all his
new construction is delayed due to a concrete and steel shortage. He
mentioned China as the reason why was well.