Re: [MV] New Gas Scams

From: Paul A. Thomas (bluewhale@jaxkneppers.com)
Date: Sat May 15 2004 - 21:32:30 PDT

This has been common here in Bay Pointe, Ca ( used to be referred to as
Gun Point <g> ) for years. In fact, 17 years ago shortly after moving in
I used to get people knocking on the door at 2 am with this story,
offering to leave a valuable tool with me a collateral... they had
stolen the tool of course. Then women started using this ruse.

I hate admitting it, but I basically give nothing to those in need on
the street now. I give money to charities I think are ok, and time to
those I like even better, but... am just tired of scam artists. :{

Paul