Re: [MV] SOMETHING THAT DIDN'T MAKE THE NEWS

From: mkmvpa@juno.com
Date: Sun May 16 2004 - 09:01:39 PDT

The plain and simple truth regardless of what they say, the media is in the business to make money and nothing else. If it is something that brings in the viewers then that makes the advertisers happy so they spend more money at that network. At the check out stand at almost every grocery store and variety store in this country are the magazines that expound the desperate conditions of the life of any given celebrity, the rumors that at any given time aliens make up a portion of our congress, and the secrets that the President doesn't want you to know about what influenced his latest decisions. How often do you see the great things that happen in people's lives reported? How that since the fall of the Taliban that the U.S. Army Engineers and engineers from every branch of the Armed Forces have rebuilt hospitals and schools and made it so that every student has a desk to learn at and no longer has to sit on the floor in a building that would be considered unsafe in this country. In addition, what about all th
e Iraqi prisoners that get hot meals, recreation equipment and even cigarettes when our troops the very troops guarding them get none of this.
How often have you heard a neighbor or coworker expound on something great that happened in someone else's life versus spreading a dark rumor about something bad that has happened.
No, you probably won't hear much of any of the good things we do going on over there because a majority of the population isn't interested in the good things that happen in life, just the bad. Because of that cultural trend, the media networks will continue to report only the negative and downplay the positive because it simply makes them more money.

Robert Wilson
President, Mid-Kansas Military Vehicle Preservation Association