Re: [MV] M35A2 Starting glitches

From: noel shelley (noel@shelley1722.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Mon May 17 2004 - 10:54:34 PDT

Hi Caleb,
               My opinion for what it`s worth is that your shutdown times
are too short and on restart you are incompletely burning SVO until the
temperature comes up . The viscosity of SVO will mean that a coating on the
inside of the fuel lines injector pump Etc will take some time to wash off .
My understanding of the multifuel is sketchy but it is not a true diesel as
I understand it , which introduces it`s own special problems .
You may remember an Email I sent sometime ago warning of the need for a
sequence of events on start-up or shutdown to avoid problems of cross
contamination of fuels still held in the lines Etc.
The viscosity of the SVO may be affecting the governing of the engine as
some types of IP on sensing low fuel pressure will open up . AS things warm
up and viscosity drops things come back to normal .

This may help , good luck Noel