What's an M1009 worth??

From: mil-veh@ziptar.com
Date: Tue May 18 2004 - 17:08:45 PDT

I came across two M1009's today buried in the back of a used truck and
equipment lot that has allot of EX-GSA Stuff. One was an 86 with 44K and
another was an 84 with 66K. They looked like they have been sitting for well
over a year. They are complete major component wise it appears. They are
missing odd tidbits here and there. One has the remnants of the bed canopy
frame. Rust wise they aren't bad. Tires OK, interior rough, the usual 3/8"
think coating of CARK slathered on. They pretty much look like they were
dragged from whatever DRMO they came from and were dropped where they now
sit.

The windshields had $5499 written on them and it's crossed out.. I was
thinking of offering ~$3000 for the pair...

There is also an M1008 on the lot for $3000, an Dually CUCV with what looks
like a refrigerated box, and an M1009 with a Utility Bed $5499 (I think)
Those three are all out front and look like they arrived a little more
recently.