truck ID in movie

From: Colin M Rush (chesnimnus@juno.com)
Date: Tue May 18 2004 - 23:34:01 PDT

I was watching "Hiroshima" last week. It was a movie that was released
in the last year or two about the events and people that had a hand in
developing and dropping the two bombs on Japan. (Very good movie by the
way; made using original footage interspersed with new footage shot to
look like vintage film.) In one scene near the end when Fat Man is being
readied to load on the plane for delivery, it is being pulled by what
looks like either an IHC H-542-9 (known as the M425 to the Army), or an
IHC H-542-11 (known as the M426 to the Army). Those trucks were used in
the China-Burmese-India theater according to my copy of Crismon's, so it
makes sense that one of these might have been used to pull Fat Man. I
only got a glimpse of it, though. By any chance, does anyone have a copy
of that movie that can pause on it and verify that is what I think it is?
 Or that has a still photo of it? For those that do not know what I am
talking about, look at the 1944 and 1945 pages of Crismon's, and you will
see them there.
-Colin Rush

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!