[MV] FOR SALE: 1984 M929A1

From: RKubu@aol.com
Date: Wed May 19 2004 - 07:36:54 PDT

List,
I have decided to sell my M929A1. Here are the details:

1984 M929A1 5 ton dump truck
*Cummins NHC250 motor runs very well and is clean (no leaks)
*Allison automatic transmission shifts properly
*two speed transfer case operates properly
*approximately 24K miles and 1100 hours
*80% Goodyear 1400 X 20 super single radial tires with spare (spare not shown in pics)
*3 color camo vinyl cab top
*very nice 3 color CARC paint - the truck was sandblasted, correctly primed and painted with fresh CARC in 9/01. Since that time, it has been stored in a barn and has only been out in the rain a couple of times. Nothing has been in the bed since it was painted.
*reliable truck...recently driven two hours each way to the Aberdeen show. I also had it at the show two years back. The truck has also been driven back and forth to NC (5 hours each way).
*NOS fiberglass troop seat kit...VERY, VERY RARE. The troop seat kit (including bows) cost me over $600, but where can you find them?!?!.
*new 3 color camo vinyl cargo cover installed (but not shown in pics)...RARE, if not impossible, to find 3 color vinyl cargo tops for the dumps, especially new ones (although Idaho Motorpool does have new green ones). The brand new top cost me $435.
*aluminum top bows and uprights
*heater/defroster
*recent correct 6TL batteries
*perfect windshields and operational wipers
*good seats
*rust free
*air shift front axle
*dump bed operates properly and is in nice shape
*fairly nice tailgate, but I have an NOS tailgate that I will throw in.
*greased and serviced.
*clear MD title
*$23,900, negotiable.

This is a very rare truck. I've owned it since 9/01 and I have not seen, nor heard of another, M939 series dump in civilian hands. I also have a near new, excellent condition hood for an M939 series truck that I will sell for $450...but it only goes with the truck (not for sale seperately). Pics can be seen on Rick Thiers' website at: http://www.mvsalesandhardware.com , then click on "Trucks and Parts."

Let me know if you are interested or have any questions.

Thanks,
Bruce