M1028 CUCV Dually in Florida & buyer ettiquette

From: Ted Hils (tedhils@cyber-south.com)
Date: Thu May 20 2004 - 08:36:50 PDT

Kevin-
    I appreciate the picts. I'll keep it in mind, but with that box on it
instead of a bed, it just isn't that practical. It does look like a nice
truck, though.
    I hope you really didn't offer the guy $3000 for two M1009s. If you
did, you probably made him mad. I would be irritated if somebody offered a
ridiculously low offer like that. You have to realize that he probably paid
$1500 to $2500 each for them and then had to do some work to them to get
them ready to sell. With so many people competing to buy surplus vehicles
nowadays, there just isn't anybody buying dirt cheap. There are some good
buys out there, occasionally, but no "steals" (no $50 jeeps in the box,
either).
    Give him a little room to make a profit and you might actually make a
friend, end up with a nice truck AND a contact for future purchases. Try to
low-ball him, and he may not give you the time of day.
Thanks,
Ted

Ted Hils
Ted's Trucks 'AN Stuff