Re: [MV] tire spoons?and more from Ordassty

From: Wayne Harris (papercu@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue May 25 2004 - 16:30:20 PDT

Hi Brian For a lot of my questions and I have plenty :-) I take a first run
at "google" there is just no telling what you will run up there. For some
adventure without the heat and bugs here is a few sites with the advice you
seek. And because I got such a over whelming response to my last rating
report I will grade these too. But remember take nothing for granted that
you hear or see on the web. From the desk of "Ordassity" Harris

I liked this one! 5 star rating
http://www.tlca.org/trails/articles/tech/splitrim/
2 stars No pictures
http://www.mil-veh.org/archives/97-09/0465.html
5 stars for the Powerwagons
http://www.dashlink.com/~txpwrwgn/Tires.htm
4 stars True but drab
http://www.ccohs.ca/oshanswers/safety_haz/garages/retainer_rings.html

Read this one for what NOT to do!!
http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/face/stateface/mn/92mn008.html
Another good one. 5 stars
http://www.accuridecorp.com/safety_manual_11.asp

The legal Stuff "Note that the Overall rating is just a representation of my
opinion".

>From: "Brian Sikkema" <bjsikkem@mtu.edu>
>Subject: Re: [MV] tire spoons?
>Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 09:12:58 -0400
>
>For those of us who are young and ignorant, but would prefer not to be
>(well, prefer not to be ignorant), would somebody be willing to give me a
>brief synopsis of this whole split-rim situation? As of right now about all
>I know is they exist, and can take your head off. The details of how and
>why
>are a bit sketchy to me, but when something can take my head off I prefer
>know how it plans to do it! :) Also, what are these "spoons" that everyone
>keeps talking about?
>
>Sorry, I know these are dumb questions, but hey, I'm dumb. But trying very
>hard to learn! :)
>
>Brian

Best Restaurant Giveaway Ever! Vote for your favorites for a chance to win
$1 million! http://local.msn.com/special/giveaway.asp