Leopard turrets

From: cmpdbase (cmpdbase@telusplanet.net)
Date: Tue May 25 2004 - 19:47:14 PDT

Chance,
I talked to some of the guys at LdSH here in Edmonton.
They said a Leopard turret on a LAV III is a no go. Too much top
weight, and too many mods to put the turret on the top of the LAV.
The new gun has the mechanism in the body of the LAV if I recall correctly.
Not only did they recycle the pods for the IVECO's, they also rebuilt
the ambulance bodies from the 5/4 tonners.
The problem with the rebuilt pods was also due to the IVECO's being
under powered.
I was told that a fully loaded 5/4 ton trailer could not be pulled up a
resaonable incline as was encountered in places like Bosnia.
Ian Cooper