Re: [MV] I found new wiper blades and arms for my M35

From: Marc Strangfeld (curlyjoe98@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed May 26 2004 - 07:36:54 PDT

Jim

I did not use the crown shaped nuts, the arms came
with adapters to change the small diameter post to a
larger drum style like what is found on most modern
vehicles. As far as them being 10-32, the parts kit
should have what you need, otherwise the Anco catalog
should list a different adapter.

Good luck

Marc

--- J <W7LS@blarg.net> wrote:

---------------------------------
    Good job, Marc! However, my 5T wipers (same as my
old deuce) have male 10-32threads. The weird nuts on
the end of the shaft that secure the arm to theshaft
have to be obtained from Antelope Valley or some
similar vendor. Didyou find those odd nuts at a NAPA
type store? Jim

Marc Strangfeld wrote:

I just replaced the wiper arms and wiper blades on
myM35 with Anco arm #41-01 and Anco blade #20-11.
Theseare current numbers you should be able to get
anyplaceAnco is sold. Mine needed to be ordered in
but theyare in stock at warehouses. The arms are
silverpainted and adjustable from 8-11.5". They come
with asmall knurled drum to use as an adapter on
thestandard 1/4-28 mounting post. The blades
are"deadlocker style", stainless steel, 11" long
(alittle longer than the originals), and will
takerefills. They fit quite well and look like they
willwork good and the best part is the satisfaction
offinding civilian parts that fit. Marc
DIGEST mode, send e-mail to
<mil-veh-digest@mil-veh.org>To reach a human, contact
<ack@mil-veh.org>