Oil pressure and tire missmatch

From: Grant Stockly (grant@stockly.com)
Date: Thu May 27 2004 - 01:53:51 PDT

How long should it take for the oil pressure to jump to 60psi? Mine sits
for a few seconds after starting at 0. If I kick the throttle a little it
seems to come up quicker. When it comes up, it pops up quick, it doesn't
rise slowly. I was hoping to get some advice on this before I started
throwing new parts at it.

Also, I noticed that my shimey on the highway (45+mph, starts at about
47...) could it be related to tire size? I have one of those driver
created crash box transmissions, but it also sounds like a cold stone
grinder. So I can hear everything going on. :)

During the hop it seems like there is a corresponding change in the cold
stone grinding noise coming from the transmission, almost like its

Have any of you ever driven an m35 with mismatched tires? Could it
possibly cause this shimmying or would a mismatch just cause constant scuffing?

I'm going to try to look at the tires closer this weekend. I drove a
blazer with a 4.3 and it felt like a rocket ship. My lead foot needs
retraining. ;)