Re: [MV] Oil pressure and tire missmatch

From: L51940@aol.com
Date: Thu May 27 2004 - 06:33:00 PDT

I too had a similar shimmy problem at about 45mph and up. A new set of front tires almost completely eliminated the shakes. The old front tires didn't look that bad until compared w/ the new ones. I also had a tranny problem and a new gearbox solved that. I'll bet some new front shocks would help also. Another thing that helped the front end was centering the steering. I learned this from Arthur Bloom. My pitman arm was not on the steering box output shaft properly. A closer look found that there is an index mark on both the output shaft and on the pitman arm. Even though my steering box needs a rebuild centering the steering helped alot.

Dave McConnell