Re: [MV] M1009 Painting ideas

From: chance wolf (chance_wolf@shaw.ca)
Date: Thu May 27 2004 - 09:32:49 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: <Recovry4x4@aol.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 27, 2004 8:32 AM
Subject: Re: [MV] M1009 Painting ideas

> > Still looking for a drivers side seat, 1984, (would like a recliner if
> > possible)
> > Ideas ?
>
> Dang, I still need a passenger seat. The seats in the civy blazer i'm
> scrapping are junk.

If you can find them, try and get the black seats that the military was
putting in the 1009 as replacement seats. I've never seen a vehicle
equipped with two of 'em, but there are a couple where I work which have
them on the driver's side and they're wonderful. The vinyl is softer with a
bit of a different texture than the sh*tbrown E-Z-Boy naugahyde which came
stock, and they're an order of magnitude more comfortable for some reason
(possibly because shards of ancient, crispy vinyl are no longer trying to
give me a naugahyde enema.)

One of our local M1009 collectors took a commercial spring-ride seat from
one of the Cube Van wrecks at the utility company he works for and installed
that in place of the stock seat. It actually looks pretty good in there if
you're willing to make the compromise to originality, and he says it rides
100% better.