Re: [MV] M1009 Painting ideas

From: chance wolf (chance_wolf@shaw.ca)
Date: Thu May 27 2004 - 10:07:51 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: <Recovry4x4@aol.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 27, 2004 9:44 AM
Subject: Re: [MV] M1009 Painting ideas

> I'm not going to be very picky on the condition of the seats. I'm going to
> recover all the seats in green canvas anyway. Not exactly correct but I
have to
> admit, I prefer canvas over the velour seats in my crewcab and over the
> leather seats in the wifes truck. I think canvas might just be the best
seat
> material going!
> Kenny

There's a sorta military precedent for that anyway in the Blazers. At work
we have packages and packages of these 2-piece canvas seat covers which slip
over the back of the M1009 seat in the case of the first part, and sort of
tie around the seat bottom in the case of the second part. Evidently they
work for the M998A2 bucket seats as well, but I've never had any around to
try. The only thing I don't like about the covers is that they don't cover
the whole bottom of the seat (the seat 'wings' are left exposed), which
tends to leave the ugliest bits of thrashed vinyl visible.

Velour seats should be against the Geneva Convention. :)