Home Painting Deuce?

From: FireflyArms (info@fireflyarms.com)
Date: Thu May 27 2004 - 16:29:27 PDT

Summer is here and I think I'm finally going to have some time to work with
my M35. It could really use a paint job! The OD greens don't all match and
there's even some blue showing in spots.

How realistic is it to think I can paint this thing at home?

I have a compressor, spray gun, and sandblaster. I figured I'd just go
around and clean up any rust (either sanding or sandblasting), smooth
everything else out with some sandpaper, tape of the "non-painted" parts,
and spray away. I'd also take off the easy things like mirrors separately.

Also I'd rather not have to send off for paint. Is there a color/brand that
is close to the modern OD green that can be found at the local NAPA?

Thanks for any tips or tricks!

Sam B.
http://www.fireflyarms.com