Re: [MV] Fw: Gun Ban

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Thu May 27 2004 - 21:33:55 PDT

>There is some confusion here......

yup, and sorry for being part of the reason for it.

>May 19, 1986............Ronald Regan......signed a piece of legislation that
>was tacked onto another bill in the late of night and was voice voted and
>passed...some say it is clear that if you listen to the audio of the voice
>vote, it is clear that it DID NOT PASS..........It effectively banned the
>NEW manufacture of Transferable Machine Guns in the US. Transferable
>meaning, available to the public.

Thanks for the refresher. OK, so what is the connection to Bush Sr.? I
could have sworn he had something to do with this law remaining in force.
 Same too for Bush Jr., who recently renewed SOME sort of ban within the
last couple of weeks. Or at least he said he would (that was the report
at the time I heard it). I heard that on CNN and at the time thought it
was the '86 ban because it mentioned the legislation dated back to his
father's time in office. Am I confusing this with something else?

Thanks,

Steve