news from Normandy (OK so you risk losing the will to live)

From: Nigel Hay (Nigel@milweb.net)
Date: Fri May 28 2004 - 06:24:13 PDT

The nearest town to me is Vire and its absolute chaos today.
Why? Because the main roundabout in centre of la ville is being florally
dressed to welocome the 76 vets of the 116th who liberated Vire on August
7th 1944 - out town is putting on a huge do for them on the 7th June
including a Son et Lumiere and all the schools are closed to allow the
children to take part and to fete the liberators. I am amused to see how the
rounabout is using WW2 sand tracking (PSP) as part of the display.
All HMV movement is banned witihin the Exclusion zone around the landing
beaches on the 6th.

more to follow if need be.