60th Anniversary & Events at National D-Day Museum, New Orleans

From: John Brian Seeling (JBSeeling@cox-internet.com)
Date: Fri May 28 2004 - 14:27:34 PDT

The National D-Day Museum in New Orleans has a number of events planned, as
shown on their website: www.ddaymuseum.org

I'm taking the M16 down to put on display and to participate in the
activities. This will be my first "public display" and I am anxious to get
down there. I took some digital pics on Wednesday and uploaded them to this
web address: <http://Seeling.smugmug.com/gallery/126387/1/4564304>

Unfortunately, I know nothing of my vehicle's history. Previous owner died
in a plane crash a year or two ago. Can anyone identify my unit markings?
I have the bucket and straps for the rear of the halftrack, and I know that
I'm missing the gunsight and fold-down armor for the turret, but are there
any other "period" items that I should be looking for to make the vehicle
correct for WWII europe?

Hopefully, the vehicle will attract those veterans for whom there is a
personal experience or story relating to the M16. Therfore, I believe there
may be many answers waiting for me in New Orleans. My plans are to bring a
digital camera and get pictures/video clips of surviving veterans that are
willing to share their experience(s) with me so that I can preserve those
for future generations.

Anyone else gonna be down there? If so, please reply on or off list. I'd
like to put a face with the name, and look forward to meeting you.

-John Brian Seeling
 Alexandria, LA