M37 - will not start

From: JWWCENHUD@aol.com
Date: Fri Jun 04 2004 - 03:58:41 PDT

Bought a M37 sometime ago and it ran fine. Now it will not start. I am going around in circles trying to troubleshoot it. It has a 12v electrical system. Has good compression in all 6 cyclinders. I pulled a plug wire and it will spark to the engine block. Thought it was fuel related so I swapped the carb & fuel pump from my other good M37. Along the way I replaced the coil, points, condenser, rotor, plug wires and distributor cap. Turns over nicely but will not start. Even tried towing it but still will not start. At one point I could get it to run for about 15 seconds - roughhly and then it would die out - now will not fire even a little bit. HELP!