Re: [MV] Ignition cables

From: L51940@aol.com
Date: Fri Jun 04 2004 - 06:35:46 PDT

A long time ago, I was working on a very old power burner on a moderately sized boiler and was using WD40 in an effort to unstick the counterweights on a sluggish mechanical centrifical gas valve. I was laying down by the air inlet, generously spraying WD40 all over the mechanism. I didn't yet know that WD40 was flammable. I decided to start the burner with all the gas shut off (not being totally stupid) and watch the action of the counterweights. The burner went thru prepurge, then went into ignition, and thats when my beard smelled all burnt and funny. At least everyone else thought it was funny. The counterweights did work perfect after that.

Dave McConnell