Re: [MV] How to make your own dummy hubs...

From: David Cole (DavidCole@tk7.net)
Date: Sat Jun 05 2004 - 10:50:13 PDT

On a dummy hub/lockout application for the 5 ton and the duece, is it
necessary to support the ends of the drive shafts so they don't flop around
inside the hubs or the dummy hubs?

Or do the dummy hubs just have to act as covers and support is really not
required?

I've thought about making some dummy hubs for the front of my M51 and it
isn't clear whether I need to simply make covers or if they need to support
the outboard end of the drive shafts.

Dave