D-DAY

From: noel shelley (noel@shelley1722.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Sun Jun 06 2004 - 16:59:10 PDT

Gentlemen,
                 There was ONLY one thing to do on D-Day DUKW !
I did , It was an Honour and a privilege to drive a DUKW on this historic
day , in water deep enough to cause me concern as it flooded in {thought I
knew it would get out just as easily }Through a hull ingeniously designed
sixty years ago to last but days !
To speak to veterans who fought for my freedom ,and attend a service of
remembrance for those who died
that I might be a free man . I would not have missed it !
A black bird had nested between the A bracket and prop . The nest was
removed reluctantly with 3 chicks and one egg . A dry safe location was made
for the nest and today I found that the last egg had hatched and the mother
bird was feeding the chicks !
An amazing day -------- Thank you Noel