Sad news from Belarus. Good news from Ukraine.

From: Nickolay Panov (patio@mail.ru)
Date: Mon Jun 07 2004 - 13:40:18 PDT

    Hallo all.
    I want to inform news, which very much have afflicted us. We have dug out a hole 4-meter in depth. On this depth there were only large stones, there was no the chassis Tiger. There is no sense to continue dig on this place. Only ground goes further, magnetometer does not give any indications more.
    We have two versions now.
    Someone has lifted this Tiger earlier.
    Turret and chassis it a Tiger are in a distance from a sheet armor of front. The sheet armor of front could be cast away by explosion on large distance from the chassis a Tiger.
    Our guys do not lose hope still. They check district magnetometer, hoping to find the basic parts Tiger.
    We have lifted only: a sheet armor of front (sheet armor, which fastens is horizontal from below of sheet armor of front on a place also) with established on it - bow machinegun mount, MG34, driver's vision port; spare barrel for MG34 and part of a cover of a motor compartment.
    In Ukraine really have lifted the tank Panther. I have photos of this tank (bad quality). This Panther is damaged by explosion, but chassis and turret are not damaged strongly. This tank can be restored. This Panther is painted with a white paint and has number 243 on turret. The perfect project for restoration the whole tank. This Panther is offered for sale now. And I absolutely precisely know the export of military vehicles from Ukraine is possible absolutely legally. I have contact to the man from Ukraine, which has the state license for realization of such bargains (he already has finished one such bargain and I have the documents confirming it).
    Best regards,
Nickolay Panov.
V.Gastinec, 75-86
222310, Molodechno