Living History Event

From: Vincent Bloom (vbloom@DUCTMATE.com)
Date: Tue Jun 08 2004 - 03:17:54 PDT

Allegheny Arms and Armor Museum in Smethport, PA will be having its annual Living History event this Saturday, June 12th. Some of the events will include battle re-enactments, armor rides, car crushing, flame thrower demonstrations and rentals, live-fire machine gun demos and rentals (including a quad .50 and possibly a minigun), militaria displays and much more. Yes, you can shoot a real live flame thrower here!

Some of the vehicles we'll have on display are M113 APC, M106 mortar carrier, M110 self-propelled gun, British Ferret Armored Recon Cars, M48 Patton tank, Soviet T-62 tank, Soviet BMP-1 APC, M578 armored recovery vehicle, M-55 self propelled gun, LVTP-1 landing vehicle, various deuces and 5-tons, 2 M-151s, a Humvee, an armored Cadillac Limo, a Navy A-6 Jet, a Marine CH-? big helicopter, a Huey, a 44ft Coast Guard Cutter and a few pieces of towed artillery. Several of the vehicles are in running condition and will be used throughout the day, some have been demilled and are static.

Anyone wanting to display a military vehicle is more than welcome to bring it!

This is a very interesting event. If you've never seen a real flame thrower fired in person, it's worth it just for that. For more info, check www.armormuseum.com or email me direct (before noon on wednesday - I'm gone after that.) Smethport is near Bradford, PA, about 20 miles south of the NY border.

Vince