Re: [MV] 2.5 versuses 5 ton trucks - CDLs

From: David Cole (DavidCole@tk7.net)
Date: Wed Jun 09 2004 - 21:48:55 PDT

I looked into the RV definition thing myself a few years ago. Basically,
it isn't defined in Indiana from what I can tell. (Ironically - Indiana is
the largest or one of the largest manufacturing states of RVs) I think if
you make RVs and you issue RV VIN numbers from the state, then that vehicle
is an RV.

When I confronted the local BMV with actual Indiana MV code printed off the
Indiana website regarding the special provisions for the licensing of MVs,
they were pretty much speechless. In fact they told me they had to
investigate - the called the capitol BMV office in Indy to confirm what I
brought them. Then they made up rules, for my situation. As it turned out
they didn't follow the law themselves (which stated that the BMV would
create procedures to handle MVs..).

And that's why I have a historical plate on my M51.

Dave

--
Dave