Re: [MV] 2.5 versuses 5 ton trucks - CDLs

From: Ida Heath (spike@defuniak.com)
Date: Thu Jun 10 2004 - 06:12:27 PDT

Kenny,

Real good to hear from you. I bought a complete rebuild gasket set from
those people you turned me on to. I made it home but not okay by any means.
A military vehicle dealer in North Carolina where I stopped to buy tires
said it was not the rear main rather the transmission throwing oil. He slid
under my truck and checked the oil in the gear box and said the level had
been overfull and was just then at the proper level. I bought over $400.00
worth of stuff from him and headed home, smelling gear oil real strong all
the way. I went under to check the level when I got home and the check plug
was missing, hense the strong smell of geal oil. I have written him two or
three time but he WILL NOT even give the curtesy of an asnwer. I only asked
what he did with the check plug, I did not say he left it out but he won't
answer. So as the old saying goes "you live, you learn and then you die and
forget it all"

Sonny