Re: [MV] T-34's as Tigers in "Kelly's Heroes"

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Mon Jun 14 2004 - 00:06:00 PDT

>Well, OpFor at NTC had M551's dressed up as all
>sorts of Soviet vehicles for the longest times.
>And more than a few US AFVs have been dressed up
>as German AFVs.

I think you misunderstood :-)

What I said was REAL T-55s (or T-64s) were painted up to look like US
tanks in the movie Mars Attacks, not the other way around. That is the
unique thing about it since, almost as a rule in Hollywood, US stuff is
painted/outfitted to look like everybody else's stuff. Like I said, it
was really funny to see a T-55, painted OD with a star, parked next real
US stuff. Great movie, BTW.

OPFOR used a lot of US made stuff to represent Soviet equipmen and, since
Gulf War One, some real Soviet stuff too. I have a list somewhere that
detailed some ORDBATS from the mid 1990s.

And you're right... if I had a dime for every US post WWII vehicle
painted gray with a big white and black cross on it... I'd be able to buy
a real German tank :-)

Steve