Re: [MV] Deuce wheel hub question

From: Sean Nichols (Sean.Nichols@xilinx.com)
Date: Mon Jun 14 2004 - 10:42:44 PDT

Thanks for the reply Lee. That's what I figured too. But my truck came
from GL about 2 years ago, and to the best of my knowledge, no one had
those hubs apart before I did, but heck, who really knows.

And you're right about the mess, I've got grease on EVERYTHING, inside
the drum, and all over the outside too. It actually looks like it was
the grease that was dripping out of the drum, and not gear oil. But I'm
going to rent a puller and replace the seals just the same. And a
thorough cleaning in solvent is the order of the day.

Thanks much!

Sean Nichols
'42 IHC FFN-3 Crash Truck
'71 AM General M35A2