Re: [MV] Bjorn's recipe for long front tire life (M35)

From: J Travis (dagobert@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Mon Jun 14 2004 - 12:01:47 PDT

It wasn't just the halftracks; remember the Kettenkrad tracked
motorcycle also had a similar set-up for its front fork. Talk about
something that would have just scrubbed the front tire without it! (I
believe they even just pulled the whole front fork assembly at times for
bad terrain- I guess it was just there to make it easier for the average
German soldier to figure out how to drive the beastie. Does look like
it'd be a blast to ride one, though.

Jay Travis