Re: [MV] T-34's as Tigers in "Kelly's Heroes"

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Mon Jun 14 2004 - 16:50:27 PDT

>Ryan, did you ever see the postwar movie done by a German company called
>"Die Brucke" (spelling? ) , or the Bridge ?

Close! "Die Brücke" is the correct spelling (notice the Umlaut). A
great movie which was censored here in the US and outright banned at
times during the 1960s. The Gov't didn't want people seeing that scene
with the horribly wounded American soldier crying out for his mother. You
know, it might have undermined the war in Vietnam... The version I have
appears to be the censored one. I had that confirmed earlier by someone
on this list as well as my dad. The uncensored scene came complete with
entrails in hands, which was WAY ahead of its time in terms of graphic
violence.

> GI mockup tanks on wheeled chassis underneath. Several scene's you can
>see the wheels under them. eeeek.

Hehe... damn, I missed that! I'll have to go back and look again. I
can, however, picture exactly when it should be visible :-)

Steve