Off topic recommended reading--er' viewing

From: bolton8@juno.com
Date: Mon Jun 14 2004 - 18:45:07 PDT

Jay wrote:
"Knowing Disney's current penchant for PC, they probably edited out any
trace of racist stereotypes of Japanese or Germans, which would cut them
down to about 20 seconds apiece. "

Believe-it-or-not Jay, Disney did not edit the cartoons. Left intact
are the WWII stereotype buck toothed, circular glasses wearing Japanese,
along with the goose-stepping, swastika wearing German's.

I have the 2 CD set being discussed. Each CD is 3 1/2hrs long. That's
right, 5 hours of WWII politcally incorrect cartoons with Donald, Goofy,
Pluto and Mickey throwing tomatoes in Hitler's face and sinking Japanese
battleships. The remaining 2 hours are
interviews with the wartime animators who drew them.

Included is the 1942 award winning 'In Der Fuehrer's Face' with Donald,
and the rarely seen classic 'Victory Through Air Power'. As well as
animated training films not seen in over 60 years.

Prior to release the Disney company showed these WWII cartoons to both
German's and Japanese. To their credit they agreed that even though
these cartoons are not politically correct today, they showcase the
'spirit of the times' and should be left intact for historical purposes.

It's called 'Walt Disney ON THE FRONT LINES' and I would recommend this
to anyone with a more than passing interest in World War Two.