Re: [MV] Art's Air-O-Matic comments

From: m35products (m35prod@optonline.net)
Date: Tue Jun 15 2004 - 20:15:41 PDT

Leave my butt out of it! It would be an image that would haunt you for the
rest of your life. Not pretty.

What I meant by "allowing" a rebuttal, I explained to MV mag already: it
means that the editor, upon reading a statement critical of one of his
long-standing advertisers, contacts the person being criticised, to allow a
"sidebar" or immediate rebuttal, in the same issue. Forcing the person being
criticised to wait for a following issue allows the bad news to sink in. The
assertions were patently false, not even close to being factual. MV's excuse
was that they "missed" the implication, and that they didn't read every word
of the article. I thought the job of the editor was to do just that. I guess
I am wrong about that.

One would think that editors would be a little more responsible towards the
little guy who spends quite a bit per issue, year after year, on adverts. I
can't take my advertising dollars anywhere else, because the magazine is the
best forum, (and the best, period).

I will still read it, and I will still send customers to (most) of my
friends in the business.

apb