Some newbie questions

From: Bill Cutshall (bcutshall@att.net)
Date: Tue Jun 22 2004 - 19:43:11 PDT

I was at the Mid Atlantic Air Museum's WWII weekend in Reading, PA and
really enjoyed all the military hardware. I've always liked the Willys
MB/Ford GPW jeeps from that era. (There were certainly enough of them
there!) I'm seriously considering tracking down an MB or GPW and was
wondering if you'd indulge some newbie-type questions. (Feel free to
redirect me if this isn't the appropriate forum.)

1. What are the realities of restored versus reproduction vehicles?
If it has an original Willys frame and motor but a reproduction body,
what is it? A reproduction or restoration?

2. What's cheaper to insure, a restored vehicle or a reproduction?

3. How does one transport a WWII jeep? Can it be towed or should it
only be trailered?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Bill Cutshall