Re: [MV] Fw: [MV] Insurance company and trucks?

From: m35products (m35prod@optonline.net)
Date: Sat Jun 26 2004 - 11:39:53 PDT

Greetings:

A non-mil-veh friend just had given to him (the bastard!) a little-bitty WW
2 vintage one-cylinder Briggs & Stratton-powered 750 watt 110 volt
generator. It is unstuck and presumed working. He has two questions which
I would like the resident gurus to perhaps help with:

How do we restore the steel (rusty) data plate without destroying it? It
has raised letters, not stamped. Soak in vinegar? Some other chemical?
Which paint dealer offers a mailable paper color chart so that we can match
the O/D that's on it?

By the way, the generator portion was made by Eicor Generators, for Alpha
Aircraft Company, of New York, NY. Does anyone have any info on this
company, or any manuals, literature, etc? The Alpha logo is very cool,
consisting of a shield with the initials AA with a pair of Air Corps type
wings.

Thanks for any help you all can offer.

Arthur