Re: [MV] Half-Track Bogie Wheels, How to replace easily?

From: Nigel Hay (Nigel@milweb.net)
Date: Tue Jun 29 2004 - 11:33:28 PDT

>From memory, 12 years ago I made a bar/plate that had holes for the studs to
thread on the casting and short chains to hook around the bogie from- then
wound in the studs and then compressed the volute spring as the bogie frame
came up. I recall it was a bit of an epic and I took both sides right down
to bits, blasted them and rebuilt. I do know be careful that all the bolts
on each bogie wheel are tight or they will elongate, plus the big nuts on
the bogie arms can work loose and I used to check them each time I went more
than a couple for miles. Apart from a gas guzzling 600 odd miles in
Normandy in 1994 and a couple of local runs my M16 went everywhere by low
loader.

You can do this with the track on I think as you have to remove the idler
from the carting to get the studs in.

Good luck, NIGE