Re: [MV] M1009 Question

From: Michael Howell, DO (michael@tsixroads.com)
Date: Thu Jul 01 2004 - 19:00:25 PDT

You forget that CUCV's are already mostly 12 volt. That is why you have
two alternators in the first place. The M1010 a/c is part 12v and part
24v. The clutch is 12v if I remember correctly. The blowers are 24v.
You will have to do a lot of rearranging to put A/C in but it has been
done by others. On my M1010 the power distribution block is were the
condenser goes on the firewall. The blackout light switch is in one
vent hole, the voltmeter is in another, a reinforcement plate covers
another. Still, it sure would be nice to have some cool air for the
front of the truck. The A/C in the back doesn't help any in the front
when you are going down the road.

Since the 6.5 is based on the 6.2 block it should fit. I don't know
about the computer controlled part though.

Mike
Tishomingo, MS