Dating 2.5 ton trucks

From: Nigel Hay (Nigel@milweb.net)
Date: Sat Jul 03 2004 - 02:36:18 PDT

Folks, how do you date the M series 2.5 ton trucks - is there a way of
telling from chassi numbers ? Say this one a Kaiser is
4K957201 253 4902

Do we assume its 1957?

Obviously I realise htat it may have gone through PIP and rebuilds, if this
is a 1957 model does this numbering system work throughout the years - any
help much appreciated.

If you reply and are an AOL user, I cannot reply to you direct as Tiscali.fr
is blocked from AOL due to the high levels of spam.........so pl accept my
apologies,

Can any one paint me to a definitive way of checking the year?

Many thanks, NIGE