RE: [MV] 4th of July...+ 2 cents on Canibals

From: paul carrier (paulc@teleport.com)
Date: Sat Jul 03 2004 - 09:57:05 PDT

Ok, I doubt you would have gotten any satisfaction anyway.
I'll leave politics aside. If you think talk of canibalization starts a
flame wwar....

Hadn't seen that about units getting tapped to deploy again. I saw the bit
about calling up from teh Inactive ready reserve. And I know there are some
who deployed on Homeland security missions who then went with units
overseas. And I know we are short some types of units needed at this time.
But I don't think a draft would solve anything, except maybe to get "K"
elected. The active duty folks I talk to arn't interested in a draft, TRADOC
isn't set up to train huge numbers of draftees, there isn't the
infrastructure to support a large influx of draftees and you will note the
only one with any political will to suggest it has bee Charels Rangle.