5 Ton transfer case & Power divider

From: Bruce Beattie (bruce@eecs.berkeley.edu)
Date: Sun Jul 04 2004 - 21:18:03 PDT

Hi List,
    Hear is a question for anyone who has experience working on M543A2
Wreckers.

My understanding is that some configurations have the following:

Transfer case has two output shafts going toward the rear. One goes to
the axles and the
other goes to a power divider.

The power divider has two outputs going toward the rear.

And hear is where my question comes in. Can the main output drive a
shaft going to the
rear winch? Can the secondary output be used to drive a hydraulic pump?

The twist hear is that I want to do this on an M54A2 Cargo truck by
adding the power divider
and appropriate linkage etc. Is this possible or is it way too difficult?

Thanks!
Bruce MVPA 23824