Re: [MV] fuel mixing?- other fueling mishaps

From: Bjorn Brandstedt (super_deuce@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Jul 05 2004 - 05:08:34 PDT

Marc,

I believe you understand it correctly. The following is a direct word for
word quote from the patent of the "fuel viscosity control device":
"Multifuel engines are called upon to operate with fuels having a
significant variation in density and heating value per gallon. When equipped
with conventional type injection systems which meter essentially a constant
volume for any fuel, the engine will produce a variation in maximum power
directly proportional to the equivalent heating value of the volume of the
fuel injected.
The present invention provides a control means which automatically varies
the quantity of fuel so that the maximum power output of the engine will
remain constant with any fuel being used."
Patent #3,204,623, Sept 7, 1965.

The patent refers to "multifuel" engines as engines in use prior to the
invention, so the fuel density compensator by itself doesn't make it
multifuel.

Have a great day!

Bjorn
Meadows of Dan, Virginia