M-1009 flex plate problems

From: Ed Kirkley (mojoedd@bellsouth.net)
Date: Tue Jul 06 2004 - 18:12:38 PDT

Hi Guys,

My M-1009 is starting to worry me. I had the transmission rebuilt with new
parts. I ran it to and from work a couple of times, nothing rough at all.
I drove around the area several times, again no rough stuff. I started
hearing noises coming from the flex plate area and found the cover bent and
cracked. I installed a used but in great shape cover that I bought from a
very nice gentleman named Robert on this list, (thank you again Sir), but
the noise was still there. I pulled the cover back off and found that the
flex plate, (fly wheel), has started to crack just like the other one did!

Any ideas as to the cause of this cracking? The durn thing is coming apart
on me again just like the last time two rebuilds ago.

Any help and/or ideas would be most appreciated!

Best Regards,

Ed