M-1009 Flexplate

From: Ed Kirkley (mojoedd@bellsouth.net)
Date: Wed Jul 07 2004 - 12:50:32 PDT

First of all I want to thank each and every one of you guys that answered my
plea for help! This is truly one of the greatest lists in the world!

Part two of the story; I thought that it was a problem with the crank shaft
or the thrust bearings that was causing a mis-alignment and cracking the
flexplate. My transmission guy says that the person that overhauled my
transmission forgot to put in the small shim or plate that goes on the
transmission side of the flexplate. Without that shim or plate the
flexplate is mis-aligned from the start and it doesn't take too long to
crack one.

I haven't had the time to look in my CD and find the parts breakdown of this
durn thing but I will shortly. I want to see what it has to say about this
plate or shim. It certainly sounds like the problem if that's what should
be there and isn't.

What say you guys, shim, plate or BS????

Ed