Off Topic (M151?)

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Thu Jul 08 2004 - 11:44:35 PDT

Greetings list subscribers. I am in reasearch mode in consideration of
adding a MUTT to my motorpool. As any collector would do, I've scoured over the TMs
searching for knowledge. The one piece that has escaped me so far is in the
area of towing the M151. The current TM shows and explains hooking up the
towbar but fails to address how far it can be towed and at what speed. I know
older jeeps with Dana 18 and 20 transfer cases can be towed forever as the oil is
circulated by the turning gears. Does anybody have info on towing the MUTT?
Before the flames come, I do have a car trailer and a means to use it. I just
want this information should the event arise that I need it. Example,
dropping off my deuce. I could drag the M151 behind a few miles and drive it back. I
do that now with my M1009.
Thanks,
Kenny