Re: [MV] [Politics] was: [MV] why I choose to unsubscribe

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Thu Jul 08 2004 - 22:04:01 PDT

Sonny,

>You have just committed the cardinal sin. I made a post a few days ago in
>support of our Commander in Chief and received more hate emails both on and
>off the list than I could tell you about in an hour, including one that the
>police is looking in to right now.

No, you made a post saying that all Muslims in American should be
deported and not another one ever let in. That's what was what got
people upset. And well should it, since that is not what America is about.

>This list seems to have more than its share of Liberals, some even say in
>these mails that they are "Republican" so go figure!

Republicans can think Bush is an idiot as much as Liberals. Being a
Republican doesn't mean shutting one's brain off to reality. Or does it?
 Hmmm.....

>You read the ones where I was called the bad names and told to shut up?

Only after your previously mentioned post. AFTER that you apologized,
but I for one wonder about the sincerity of it. You know the old saying
about there being more than a little truth in everything uttered,
especially when in anger.

>Certain ones can post what they wish but others can't and I haven't figured
>out the click yet.

I have seen more rabid right wing posts on this list (including that
thinly veiled White Power one in support of your position) than on any
other list I am on. As with other lists I've been on, those on the Right
think that if they spout off a load of BS that NOBODY should challenge
them. Remember folks... without a Left there is only the Right. And
with only the Right you have a one party system. The Left should
remember that without a Right there is only the Left. Either way,
without the other... Nazi Germany, USSR, China, North Korea, You-Name-It-
African-Nation, etc. Be careful for what you wish for, because it is
exactly why the Founding Fathers set out to discourage it.

Steve