Re: [MV] help needed

From: Thomas M McHugh (tmmchugh@msn.com)
Date: Fri Jul 09 2004 - 05:53:09 PDT

Everette,

If no other easy source is handy, go to Portrayal Press. Dennis Spence
will help you quickly. He is listed in Supply Line P-41 & is a Charter
member of the MTA in NJ.

Portrayal Press E-mail: info@portrayal.com
Phone 973-579-5781

Here are some of the reference items listed in the add for M38A1 Manuals.
Check your personal list.
Operation & Maintenance 390P TM9-8014 $39
Operation & Maintenance 44P TM9-8014 Supplement $10
Engine & Clutch 185P TM9-8015-1
$27
Power Train, Body & Frame 311P TM9-8015-2 $39
Power Train, Body & Frame Supplement 34P #CH-8015-2 $7
Complete Parts Listing, Illustrated 449P ORD 9-758 $49
AND MORE

I have them & have been able to rebuild the majority of the M38A1 todate.
What I do is photocopy the pages covering the repair area, enlarge them
while copying & use the pages for the job. That keeps the Manuals fairly
clean. While at a few shows, I have given the pages to new owners that were
asking about the same repairs.

This past winter, we rebuilt the Steering Box. The parts kit was a
fraction of the cost of a completed rebuilt Steering Box.

I might be able to scan the pictures. I have to read the cheater notes, my
son gave me. My computer is a tool, that I have only mastered button
pushing on, so far.

If you need them soon, let me know.

Tom McHugh, NJ
1952 M38A1