Re: [MV] Did you leave the keys in it?

From: J. Wiehe (j.wiehe@sympatico.ca)
Date: Sun Jul 11 2004 - 07:22:24 PDT

I bought a battery disconnect switch at a commercial truck parts store.

I then removed the ground wire in my battery box. Enlarged the hole so
that the switch could be mounted with the control part inside the tool box.

Drilled a new hole beside the switch for the ground strap. Hooked up the
wires and now since you can put a padlock on the toolbox lid after the
seat is lowered you now have a " dead " and secured vehicle.

No one will see this little modification unless you lift the seat, open the
toolbox and flip the switch.

FWIW, I have the original tool pouch, with tools, and the jack inside the
toolbox and neither has hit the switch unintentionally while driving.

Hope this helps.

Jim Wiehe VA3JHW
j.wiehe@sympatico.ca