Radios and Noise

From: Larry Tighe (larryradio@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sun Jul 11 2004 - 12:20:15 PDT

Putting an amplified speaker into a vehicle, in my humble opinion, is the
precursor to bigger problems. Hearing loss.

If the vehicle is too noisey to hear a radio, then a small earpiece could
be inserted into the canal and the other ear equipped with a blocker...ear
plug.

Once you start to hear ringing in your ears from high intensity noise,
you've effectively "bought big trouble" down the road.

18 years of driving the Huey got me two in-the-canal hearing aids...no fun.
Uncle Sam turned out a generation of deaf pilots. MV's are no different.

Lar