RE: [MV] ... Transmission gear ratios for M35A2 and why I want to know...

From: Alex (alex@glx.net)
Date: Sun Jul 11 2004 - 13:09:50 PDT

Bjorn,
OK... I'm a little confused... I looked in the manual you referenced
below and it had the numbers you posted... (thanks for citing the
reference). BUT the site,
http://www.garbee.net/~cabell/transmission.htm, and some other folks
that replied had these numbers

6.00, 3.31, 1.89, 1.00, .85, and 5.90 (reverse)

Any idea's why the discrepancy?

OK... why do I even ask these questions... I'm sure this will generate
some discussions. If, the engine and/or transmission in the truck I'll
be bringing home (yes, I'm having it towed by the pros)is/are toast, I'm
considering (just considering at this time for you purists)a possible
heart/lung (engine/transmission) transplant. So if I could find the
right donor (200hp, (or better) 300 ft-lb (or better), 2600-3000rpm
engine/transmission (possibly automatic?).... ??? Am thinking too far
outside the box?? So, why, again am I considering this? I know there'll
be issues with the air system, etc. But won't it be more docile, easier
to drive, easier to start in COLD weather (Nebraska), and more
maintainable?

Alex
PS The thing has one of those air assist power steering units on it. I
told my wife, but it didn't seem to make her any happier.

PPS all of this is academic if my wife makes me sell it.... :(
Since I did buy it without her permission. :(( Aren't the online
auctions great. You can get into trouble without even leaving your
office!